Here’s how a Live Concerts Promotion Company used Facebook to Generate Awareness & Increase Ticket Sales for its Shows
Back in 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic forced our client’s life coaching event organizers to switch to avirtual format, leaving our client with a challenge to discover and motivate her target audience to sign-up for the virtual event.
Since 2014, our client has been running a successful life coaching practice in Toronto, Canada. With strict COVID SOPs and lockdowns last year, our client reached out to us with a mission to connect with a wider audience and increase the number of completed registrations for her virtual event that was set to take place 6 weeks later. + offer a limited-time discount on one of her best-selling lifestyle courses for the people who were registering for the event.
Our client wanted to imbue the virtual event with the same ethos as the live one and make people feel they were as much part of the big virtual gathering, while they were attending the event from their homes.
So, in the next 06 weeks that followed, we helped our client reach out to a large number of people, collect 500 high-converting leads (webinar sign-ups and course registrations) with the desired target of a 70% conversion rate, and hit the lowest CPL of $7. All that in a total ad spend of $3,500.
How did we manage to achieve all that?
Keep reading as we map out exactly how it was done, where we ran the ads, what challenges did we overcome, and what had the biggest impact on the success of the campaign.
- Our client had an existing presence on Facebook but wanted to scale up quickly with a limited
budget for ads experimentation.
Our client and her team wanted to maximize event registrations in a total of 6 weeks.
- They wanted to use Facebook ads to timely reach out to the right audiences for life coaching
virtual event they would host and collect high converting leads with the desired conversion rate
- We had to design and share content that would effectively highlight the value of the webinar
and the benefits of attending a big virtual event from the comforts of home.
To begin addressing the challenges, we audited our client’s account. We discovered that we needed to work things out using a two-phased campaign;
1. Create awareness and promote the upcoming virtual event and reach out to new audiences with video ads,
2. Collect high-converting leads to maximize event sign-ups and encourage course registrations with a limited time discount for the event attendees.
● We used video ads to create the buzz online. We used short clips and exclusive footage from previous events, as well as the event details, time, and different speakers that were involved to highlight the amount of value our virtual event was packed with.
● Our visual geniuses and copy wizards created engaging assets and creatives (including static images, GIFs, and videos) to use for both TOF and BOF, retargeting ad campaigns we were to run for the client.
● We decided to use our video ads for TOF campaigns to generate maximum awareness and optimize the paid campaigns for video views.
● Our Facebook Ads Quality Assurance Team ensured that we only used powerful creatives that would allow our target audiences to understand and align with our client company’s mission.
● Two weeks into the campaign, we retargeted those video viewers to collect high-converting leads for the event sign-ups. This had a major impact on the quality of the results we collected.
● We used geographic and interest-based targeting filters to create high-quality audience groups on Facebook that mostly reached people aged between 18-35 years old entrepreneurs living in Canada and some selected locations of the USA.
● Our Facebook Ads Specialists also created custom and lookalike audiences using the data of event attendees as well as website visitors and video viewers to boost the conversion rate.
● We created an appealing campaign that would give people a reason to stay engaged as the date for the virtual event approached.
● We involved all three key speakers in our campaign of video ads to help show how value-packed our event is going to be.
● We ran BOF, retargeting campaigns in the last 3 weeks targeting people who have signed up for the event + our website visitors to market our client’s exclusive discount offer for the event attendees and encouraged them to buy the course.
● We set up 6 ad sets and tested our target audiences in each ad set using 12 different creatives and 6 ad copies. Which had the biggest impact on the success of our campaign.
● We worked with an initial budget of $50/day and gradually increased it to $90/day for scaling campaigns (Facebook recommends a 10-20% gradual increase in the budget so that the Algorithm doesn’t get confused) This also helped us lower the cost per conversion
- Our highly targeted campaigns proved to be a great success. We reached out to a large number of people driving a 25X ROAS with the help of our 5 winning ad sets.
- Our TOF and retargeting ad campaigns hit the desired 70% conversion rate for our client.
- Outsourcing Facebook Ads to CANZ helped our client save an average of 12 hours per week.
- 33 points lift in ad recall.
- Course registrations alone generated total revenue of more than $28,000.
- Running a life coaching business? Interested in learning how we can help you fuel some real business
growth using the power of Facebook ads? Drop us a line at insert email/contact form link and we’ll get